2How do I Choose an Agent?
You may have already done some shopping around on your own. Perhaps you’ve checked out a few open houses. Good start! However, statistics prove that you’ll be more successful in finding the right home with the expertise of your own real estate agent… and at no cost to you!
Your Real Estate Agent Works for You
A real estate agent who knows the local market well (like I do), can make sure you don’t miss out on your ideal home, and that the entire process go smoothly for you. During a viewing, I can point out desirable features, and potential “issues”, that you might otherwise miss and avoid disastrous consequences.
When it’s time to make an offer, if you don’t have your own real estate agent, you deal directly with the seller’s agent, who is legally obliged to work in the seller’s best interests also. By choosing an agent right from the beginning you have their expertise at negotiating and smoothing out problems and working for you. They are there for you from choosing the homes to view, the offer process, during inspections, the final viewing of the home, and during closing You want someone you enjoy working with, you trust they have your best interests at heart, experienced enough to educated you, and communicate well so you have all the tools you need to make a decision.
Bottom line: You need an ethical honest experienced real estate agent.
What to Look for in a Real Estate Agent
When buying a home, you want a real estate agent who…
- Takes the time to listen and understand your needs and goals
- Explains everything clearly and answers your questions and is available when you need them
- Has expertise and a track record of success in the area you want
- Knows how to find properties before they are sold
- Will alert you to new listings, quickly, so you don’t miss out
- Will advise you on the best price to offer for the home you want
- Will prepare and present the offer, and skillfully negotiate such things as price, conditions, closing dates, etc. so you get the best deal.
- Will save you potentially thousands of dollars by ensuring you don’t overpay.
- Will recommend reputable home inspectors, movers and other professionals you will need.
Not every real estate agent is the same. Ask around…my reputation precedes me and my clients benefit from my 25 years of professionalism, expertise, accessibility and honesty, and 95% of my business comes from their referrals..and that says a lot.
The best way to select the right agent, is to talk with them. Ask questions about their experience and how they can help.
I welcome you to call, text or email. If it’s more convenient for you, submit the form below and we can get started.